Amec Foster Wheeler awarded Nuclear Decommissioning Authority decommissioning and research framework contract
- Increased scope of work
- Supporting all seven technical sectors
Amec Foster Wheeler announces today that it has been awarded a four-year contract by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), increasing the range of services it currently provides.
The contract, for which no value has been announced, is to provide an extensive range of nuclear services in decommissioning, waste management and site characterisation across their UK nuclear sites. Drawing on Amec Foster Wheeler’s clean energy and environmental expertise, the company will work on all of the seven technical sectors in the contract, including providing services to support:
- Site characterisation, engineering design and delivery of the UK geological disposal facility
- Low Level Waste Repositories in West Cumbria (England) and Dounreay (Scotland)
- Research reactor sites at Harwell and Winfrith
- Decommissioning and radioactive waste management services
- Engineering design and technical support for the NDA’s decommissioning programme
- Safety case management
- Laboratory and experimental research, and
- Environmental assessment
By combining our clean energy and environmental skills we are able to provide a world-class service to the NDA in their drive to manage the UK’s nuclear clean-up programme. The award also further reinforces our position as one of the world’s leading nuclear services companies.